Environmental Law Teachers Online Training Program: Role of Courts in addressing Environmental Protection in the Philippines
This is the seventh session in the Environmental Law Teachers Online Training Program that ran from September to December 2021 and was hosted by the Republic of the Philippines Legal Education Board in partnership with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), IUCN Academy of Environmental Law (IUCNAEL) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
This session discussed the roles of courts in addressing environmental protection issues and covered the rules of procedure for environmental cases including the Writ of Kalikasan and Writ of Continuing Mandamus.
- 9:00AM: Introduction, Opening Instructions and Introduction of Resource Speaker: Prof. Galahad Pe Benito
- 9:05AM: Part 1 - Lecture by Prof. Galahad Pe Benito
- 9:35AM: Kahoot Quiz
- 9:40AM: Part 2 - Lecture by Prof. Galahad Pe Benito
- 10:10AM: Wellness Break
- 10:15AM: Introduction of Resource Speaker: Briony Eales
- 10:20AM: Lecture by Briony Eales
- 10:40AM: Open Forum
- 11:00AM: Closing Remarks