Regional Symposium on Forest and Protected Areas Legislation and Jurisprudence: Bridging Law and Science
The Capacity Building Symposium on Forest and Protected Areas Legislation and Jurisprudence is aimed at the decision takers and change makers in the fields of judiciary, executive and legislature to acquaint them with the intricacies of forest and protected areas laws while giving them a penumbral overview of the science behind the same.
The program involves various sessions to give an insight into the current developments in forest and protected areas laws with the basis of scientific knowledge currently available.
- To assess, in a comparative perspective, the scope and developments of forest and protected areas legislation from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka (“the Region”).
- To identify key obstacles in the implementation of forest and protected areas legislation in the Region.
- To strengthen the judicial implementation of forest and protected areas legislation in the Region.
- To promote capacity building and information exchange in judicial decision making, enhancing the legal and the scientific knowledge of Judges on forest and protected areas legislation.
- To promote natural environmental sciences in judicial decision making.
- To spearhead the discussion about a Model Forest Act for the Region and other parts of the world.
Asian Development Bank (ADB)